Week 2 Savory Saturday: Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies

Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies: Because it's Pumpkin Season!!

10/7/17

I know I'm going a little overboard on the sweeter side of things with these recipes as I'm giving you another baking recipe but I can't help it! I feel that is where a lot of us struggle with our nutrition. We get these temptations for something sweet and we end up caving for a huge piece of pie with ice cream or a chocolate bar that has no real nutritional value other than a ton of sugar and fats! Well since it is pumpkin season I figured let's go and see what pumpkin recipes are out there and boom I found this one. OATMEAL PUMPKIN COOKIES. These are so simple to make and is a very nutrient dense snack for either before or after a workout or if you need to stop a sweet craving. Here is the list of ingredients and how to prepare them:

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 can of Libby's pumpkin
  • 4 scoops of vanilla protein powder
  • A splash of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup raw organic honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • Optional: Chopped Nuts
Directions:


  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Mix all the ingredients in one bowl together
  • Form mixture into cookies or balls on a baking tray
  • Bake for about 18-20 minutes
  • Chill in the fridge for about a couple hours
  • Enjoy when hardened!
I found this recipe on one of my favorite sites for looking at health, fitness, and nutrition articles T-nation.com. If you haven't checked those articles out do because that is where I have learned a lot of what i know and preach now. 

I did substitute some items if you go to the link and look up the recipe as well. I substituted raw honey instead of Splenda because I don't like recommending people using Splenda. I substituted regular sea salt for Pink Himalayan Salt because PHS can help detoxify the body and improve pH balance in the gut. 

Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it! Tomorrow is Stimulus Sunday and we have another fantastic video and topic about motivation for health and fitness and everyday life.

Best,

Ryan



https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-eat-oatmeal-pumpkin-cookies


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Stimulus Sunday: Adversity

Week 4: Farmer's Carries and Alcohol

Week 3 Workout Wednesday: Tabata with Battle Ropes